Saturday 14 December 2013

Wimbly Lu at Jalan Riang

Entrance of Wimbly Lu at Jalan Riang

I am a major fan of details, so the mosaic-tiled logo at the door step of Wimbly Lu made me squeal in delight. It is simple elements like this that adds a great touch to the atmosphere of a place. Wimbly Lu is the kind of place that I would love to stay in forever- I could have moved it straightaway even if it meant I had to scrub the pots and plates there everyday.

Decor of Wimbly Lu

Wall decor at Wimbly Lu

Wimbly Lu is cosy and homely- everything that I would associate with the house of the three bears. Yeah, the same one that Goldilocks chanced upon when she was lost during a walk in the forest, where she ate the bears’ porridge, sat in their chairs and slept in their beds. I could do with some warm food, comfy chair and lush bed here too.

Glass Roof at Wimbly Lu

What’s there not to love about a glass roof? Okay, maybe a hot day in it but I am sure some air conditioning and proper ventilation would do the trick. We were there in the evening and the Christmas lights were working their wonders in contrast to the night sky. Really lovely atmosphere for you to lock hands with your loved one and looked deeply into their eyes. Except that you’ll be distracted- very distracted by the sweet offerings here.

Chocolate and tarts display at Wimbly Lu

Cake Display at Wimbly Lu

Rows and rows of tantalising handmade chocolates, homemade cakes and pies- everything on display were in disagreement with my wallet and my calorie counter (if I had one). But they were best of friends with my eyes, tongue and tummy.

Waffle at Wimbly Lu

The waffle with cinnamon ice-cream was such a homely, comfort food, I instantly felt like I was Goldilocks eating the warm bowl of porridge. The waffle was fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside, and not at all doughy or floury. The cinnamon ice-cream was a heavenly match with the maple syrup. We also had the chocolate root beer cake which we finished in a jiffy (explains the lack of a photo). The cake is a house special- a secret recipe which included the famous soft drink. The rich dark chocolate would explode in your mouth, and then end off with a fizz that has a hint of root beer. Exciting and unique, highly recommended too.

Wimbly Lu is the perfect place to spend your day of being a fairy tale character. You could be Hansel or Gretel eating all the chocolates, cakes and pies away, or you could be Goldilocks (like me), just enjoying some warm and comfy food at a cosy and homely place.


Singapore Food Blog Review by Kumory

/☁☁☁☁☁

Wimbly Lu

15 Jalan Riang, Singapore 358987
1pm-1030pm (Tue to Fri), 9am-11pm (Sat), 9am-1030pm (Sun), Closed on Mon


No comments:

Post a Comment