Sunday 9 February 2014

DIY: I Carry Your Heart on a Kraft Card

I carry your heart

Perhaps like us, you are already carrying around photos or polaroids of you and your loved one. How else could you be carrying a lil piece of your loved one around, to remind you of their ever assuring presence and your ever lasting longing? I took a little hint from one of our favourite poems [i carry your heart with me (i carry it in] by E. E Cummings, and created a lil something for Galen and I.


DIY Craft Supplies

DIY: Kraft Card Love Message

Supplies:
1. Kraft Card
2. Stamps
3. Ink
4. A loved one (prefably one who likes craft too)


DIY kraft card supplies

Steps:
1. Cut the kraft cut into the desired size and shape (85.60 × 53.98 mm for credit card size)
2. Stamp your favourite message in your favourite ink colour
3. Sit your loved one down (blindfold optional but highly advisable)
4. Stamp your thumbprints, overlapping to form a heart shape


i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

Galen and I have this thing for materialising poems and quotes into something tangible. I certainly think this is such a poignant visualization of the poem, ain't it? And a pleasant surprise too, when you removed the blindfold from your loved on. Warmness oozing from within the heart is almost a guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment